By CHOWDARI B V R ET AL
50 Years of fabrics technological know-how in Singapore describes in bright element how a newly self reliant country like Singapore built world-class examine features in fabrics technology that helped the rustic make speedy growth in power, biomedical and electronics sectors. The economic climate reflected this quick path of growth, using home-grown know-how and the contribution of fabrics technology to many of the sectors is indisputable in making sure the commercial development and balance of Singapore.
- Historical Narrative Early Beginnings to provide (Freddy Boey)
- Composites, Nanocomposites and Hybrid fabrics (Chaobin He, Xiao Hu, Zhang Yu and John Wang)
- Materials for Water Remediation (Membranes) (Sui Zhang, Lin Luo, Zhi Wei Thong and Tai-Shung Chung)
- Nanostructured Catalytic and Adsorbent fabrics for Water Remediation (Zhong Chen and Teik Thye Lim)
- solar power and effort garage fabrics and units learn in Singapore (D Sabba, J Wang, M Srinivasan, A G Aberle and S Mhaisalkar )
- 50 Years of Biomaterials learn in Singapore (Subbu Venkatraman, Swee Hin Teoh and Ali Miserez)
- 2D fabrics (Andrew T S Wee, Kian Ping Loh and Antonio H Castro Neto)
- Electronic fabrics examine in Singapore (Chee Ying Khoo, Pooi See Lee, Sze Ter Lim and Chee Lip Gan)
- "Singaporean" fabrics technology: What Does the longer term carry? (Subbu Venkatraman)
Readership: basic public, humans attracted to historical past of Singapore, humans attracted to fabrics science.
- Covers the 50 12 months historical past of fabrics technological know-how in Singapore
- Shows how Singapore leads the area within the box of fabrics science
- Projects the way forward for fabrics technology in Singapore
Read Online or Download 50 YEARS OF MATERIALS SCIENCE IN SINGAPORE (WORLD SCIENTIFIC SERIES ON SINGAPORE'S 50 YEARS OF NATION-BUILDING) PDF
Similar nanostructures books
A bold, unique method of realizing and predicting the mechanical habit of fabrics "Damage is an abstraction . . . energy is an observable, an autonomous variable that may be measured, with transparent and accepted engineering definitions. " -from the Preface to break Tolerance and sturdiness of fabric structures long term habit is without doubt one of the such a lot tough and significant facets of fabric engineering.
This ebook presents info to the kingdom of paintings of study in nanotechnology and nano drugs and hazards of nano expertise. It covers an interdisciplinary and extremely huge scope of the newest basic study prestige and commercial functions of nano applied sciences starting from nano physics, nano chemistry to biotechnology and toxicology.
This ebook summarizes the coaching, characterization and purposes of rubber dependent nano blends. Rubbers from ordinary and artificial polymers and their blends are mentioned within the person chapters, together with nitrile, polyurethane, chlorosulphonated, polybutadiene, styrene butadiene, polychloroprene rubbers.
This e-book is a finished review of equipment of characterizing the mechanical homes of engineering fabrics utilizing specimen sizes within the micro-scale regime (0. 3-5. zero mm). a variety of matters linked to miniature specimen checking out like correlation methodologies for facts transferability among diversified specimen sizes, use of numerical simulation/analysis for information inversion, software to genuine buildings utilizing scooped out samples or by means of in-situ checking out, and extra importantly constructing a standard code of perform are mentioned and offered in a concise demeanour.
- Engineering Plasticity: The Commonwealth and International Library: Structures and Solid Body Mechanics Division (C.I.L.)
- Scanning Probe Microscopy in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology 3 (NanoScience and Technology)
- Dynamical Analysis of Non-Fourier Heat Conduction and Its Application in Nanosystems (Springer Theses)
- Electromagneto-Mechanics of Material Systems and Structures
Additional info for 50 YEARS OF MATERIALS SCIENCE IN SINGAPORE (WORLD SCIENTIFIC SERIES ON SINGAPORE'S 50 YEARS OF NATION-BUILDING)
50 YEARS OF MATERIALS SCIENCE IN SINGAPORE (WORLD SCIENTIFIC SERIES ON SINGAPORE'S 50 YEARS OF NATION-BUILDING) by CHOWDARI B V R ET AL