By Harry M. Benshoff,Sean Griffin
- Provides a finished evaluation of the commercial, socio-cultural, and aesthetic elements that give a contribution to cinematic representations of race, type, gender, and sexuality
- Includes over a hundred illustrations, thesaurus of keyword phrases, questions for dialogue, and lists for extra reading/viewing
- Includes new case experiences of a few movies, together with Crash, Brokeback Mountain, and Quinceañera
Read or Download America on Film: Representing Race, Class, Gender, and Sexuality at the Movies PDF
Similar film & video art books
The long-overdue research of an incredible American filmmaker
From Iceland to Iran, from Singapore to Scotland, a transforming into highbrow and cultural wave of construction is taking cinema past the borders of its position of origin—exploring far flung locations, interacting with slightly recognized peoples, and making new localities that you can think of. In those motion pictures, formerly entrenched spatial divisions now not functionality as firmly mounted grid coordinates, the hierarchical place of position as "center" is subverted, and new sorts of illustration turn into attainable.
As leader collaborators with the administrators on a movie, cinematographers are inventive masters of their personal correct. In Cinematography 16 of the world’s maximum “painters of sunshine” proportion their insights, anecdotes, and technical achievements via a chain of unique interviews. attention-grabbing for either movie lovers and practitioners, this ebook is the ideal significant other for someone who desires to stand at the different facet of the digicam, with a few of the maximum movie artists of our time.
Lighting, digicam, Lions tells the outstanding tale of Hungarian Hubert Geza Wells, who defects to the USA throughout the communist period and is going directly to make a reputation for himself as one of many wanted animal running shoes in Hollywood. His hair-raising memoir (pun meant) provides perception into education animals that hasn't ever been published sooner than.
- Slaves on Screen: Film and Historical Vision
- Performance in the Cinema of Hal Hartley
- The Matter of Vision: Affective Neurobiology & Cinema
- Steven Spielberg: A Life in Films (Jewish Lives)
- The Cinema of James Cameron: Bodies in Heroic Motion (Directors' Cuts)
Additional resources for America on Film: Representing Race, Class, Gender, and Sexuality at the Movies
America on Film: Representing Race, Class, Gender, and Sexuality at the Movies by Harry M. Benshoff,Sean Griffin