By William E. Landis,Robin L. Chandler
Many of the real advances in digitization of fabrics have little to do with the efforts of archivists. Archives and the electronic Library concentrates in particular at the advancements on the planet of information and the digitization of the original content material of data assets archivists care for on a relentless foundation. This source reports the present concerns and demanding situations, powerful consumer review suggestions, a variety of electronic assets initiatives, collaboration options, and precious most sensible practices. The publication is greatly referenced and contains worthy illustrative figures.
Topics in Archives and the electronic Library include:
- a case research of LSTA-grant funded California neighborhood historical past electronic assets undertaking
- expanding the scope of conventional archival digitations tasks past the boundaries of a unmarried institution
- a case examine of the California Cultures Project
- the most sensible ten issues in usability issues
- case experiences of usability reviews, concentration teams, interviews, ethnographic reviews, and net log analysis
- developing a reciprocal partnership with a electronic library
- the technical demanding situations in harvesting and handling internet archives
- metadata recommendations to supply descriptive, technical, and maintenance comparable information regarding archived internet sites
- long-term protection of electronic materials
- building a relied on electronic repository
- collaboration in constructing and assisting the technical and organizational infrastructure for sustainability in either educational and kingdom executive
- the Archivists’ Toolkit software program application
Read Online or Download Archives and the Digital Library PDF
Best storage & retrieval books
One of many most well liked subject matters in machine forensics at the present time, digital discovery (e-discovery) is the method during which events concerned with litigation reply to requests to supply electronically saved details (ESI). in accordance with the 2007 Socha-Gelbmann digital Discovery Survey, it truly is now a $2 billion undefined, a 60% bring up from 2004, projected to double by way of 2009.
Social Semantics: the hunt for which means at the Web provides a special advent to id and reference theories of the area large net, throughout the educational lens of philosophy of language and data-driven statistical types. The Semantic internet is a normal evolution of the net, and this e-book covers the URL-based internet structure and Semantic net intimately.
This e-book constitutes the lawsuits of the 14th overseas convention on Service-Oriented Computing, ICSOC 2016, held in Banff, AB, Canada, in October 2016. The 30 complete papers presented together with 18 brief papers and eight business papers during this quantity have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from 137 submissions.
This two-volume set, LNAI 10234 and 10235, constitutes the completely refereed lawsuits of the twenty first Pacific-Asia convention on Advances in wisdom Discovery and knowledge Mining, PAKDD 2017, held in Jeju, South Korea, in might 2017. The 129 complete papers have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from 458 submissions.
- Strategic Warfare in Cyberspace (MIT Press)
- Advances in Information Retrieval: 39th European Conference on IR Research, ECIR 2017, Aberdeen, UK, April 8-13, 2017, Proceedings (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- Mastering Ceph
Extra resources for Archives and the Digital Library
Archives and the Digital Library by William E. Landis,Robin L. Chandler